SFT-M module from the SFT family of optical transceivers is intended for transmission of alarm informations using multi-mode (MM) optical fiber as a transfer medium. Transmitter and receiver from SFT-M series support Morley (now Honeywell) alarm central stations and devices that communicate with each other by using Morley-IAS RS 485 protocol.
Device has an inbuilt HFBR optical transceivers that enable connection of MM fibers with ST ending connectors. SFT-M needs 2 optical fibers and supports transmission lengths up to 3 km.
Power supply and serial communications are connected through serial blocks. Device is manufactured for DIN mount and is encased in non-flammable industrial plastic housing. Its small size makes it a perfect solution if mounting right into the central alarm station is needed.
- Data transmission between 2 optical interfaces
- Supports Morley-IAS RS 485 protocol data exchange
- Uses 2 optical multi-mode fibers (ST connectors)
- Supports data transmission up to 3 km
- 10 – 30V DC power supply through terminal blocks
- LED status and operation indication
- (MINI)DIN enclosure
- Compliant with Morley-IAS Honeywell International Inc. devices: All systems and devices