SFT-S module from the SFT family of optical transceivers is intended for transmission of alarm informations using multi-mode (MM) optical fiber as a transfer medium. Transmitter and receiver from SFT-S series support Siemens fire alarm central stations and devices that communicate with each other by using RS 485 protocol. Device has an inbuilt HFBR optical transceivers that enable connection of MM fibers with ST ending connectors. SFT-S needs 2 optical fibers and supports transmission lengths up to 3 km.
Power supply and serial communications are connected through serial blocks. Device is manufactured for DIN mount and is encased in non-flammable industrial plastic housing. Its small size makes it a perfect solution if mounting right into the central alarm station is needed.
- Data transmission between 2 optical interfaces
- Supports Siemens RS 485 protocol data exchange
- Uses 2 optical multi-mode fibers (ST connectors)
- Supports data transmission up to 3 km
- 10 – 30V DC power supply through terminal blocks
- LED status and operation indication
- (MINI)DIN enclosure
- Compliant with Siemens devices:
- FireSeeker FS250
- FireFinder XLS Voice